I have now completed all of the blocking out of the desk area, however I decided to remove the bin and the crumpled paper as it was not needed in my game. Below is a screenshot of my current progress so far:
Today I will be continuing work with the blockouts in my level, which includes a desk area and other assets such as plants. For my desk area, I will be including a table, computer, chair, paperwork, and a plant pot with some plants in it. Below is the current progress of work done so far for the desk area:
The next task for me to do is to add some stacks paper on the desk, some spread out papers, a pot of stationery, and a pencil on the desk to make it look more like a work station and then afterwards I will be unwrapping the assets included.
After blocking out everything that was included in the hospital bed, I went on to unwrap them. During the process, I had first automatically unwrapped them in Maya and then went about stitching the UV’s and unfolding them for each individual object included in the scene. Below are a few unwrapped assets included in the scene:
Today I have been creating the blockout of my actual hospital bed in which I will be placing in my hospital level. There will be a total of 5 accessible rooms in the level therefore after creating the bed, I am going to duplicate it 4 times to get 5 beds. Below is an image of the final blockout of the hospital bed.
For this week I will continue to create a block out of my hospital level. I will create a basic hospital corridor and make some rooms that go with it. Some doors will need keys to open, some are already open, and some will have no access at all. Below is a basic blockout of my level so far:
Below is my plan and timeline of the project. I expect to follow this plan as closely as possible but a few anomalies may pop up that may or may not affect my workflow. I hope to solve these problems as they appear.